ScrollBack: Open Source Text Chat Service What is Scrollback?
- Scrollback is an open source text chat service, which provides a platform as like IRC. To communicate with communities, to be connected with your site and get live updates from any event.
- On Scrollback you can Create your own chat room, which can be embed to your own site or blog.
- How to Embed Scrollback on your site? Learn More.
- Scrollback provides program for Students i.e. SCA (
Scrollback Campus Ambassador). Learn More.
- Scrollback also waiting for coders like you, Lets Fork the Github Repository and Code.
What are the features of Scrollback?
- IRC Compatible: You can chat with IRC Channel to the scrollback. How?
- Process: Go to the IRC and Create a Channel. like: #xyzchannel and irc server: irc.mozilla.org.
- Now Go to the Scrollback Click on “Get Started” and write the name of your chat room “XYZ-Chat Room” now Click on “Configure Room”, go to the “IRC Integration” and enter the “IRC Server”(eg: irc.mozilla.org) and “IRC Channel”(Which you want to Join eg: #xyzchannel).
- Now you need to go to the IRC and Type “/invite scrollback #xyzchannel”, and you are Done.
- Now Anyone can join you in “XYZ-Chat Room” where you will get the same updates of IRC. https://scrollback.io/XYZ-Chat Room.
- User History: Scrollback won’t remove your history, you can get all the updates which happened before your joining.
- To know more about Scrollback Feature, Go Ahead.
- Scrollback is written in Node.js
- Scrollback uses Mozilla persona for SignIN also you can signin using facebook.
- Redis for in-memory, key-value data storing.
- LevelDB for Most room and room member’s data.
Thank you for wasting your time to read this brief post 😉
To know more about ScrollBack and wanna Scroll? Do It Now